Our facility is comprised of 2 purpose built rooms which together make up an ideal viewing facility or usability lab, and a break out area ideal for informal discussions or just taking a refreshment break.
Room 1: Observation
This room can be flexibly set up, either as a meeting room for 8 people, conference style for 12 people or as a less formal environment for focus groups.
Room 2: Testing
High Definition AV projection is used to view the action in the testing room. Rather than using a one-way mirror which can be intimidating for the user, we have separated the rooms entirely to ensure excellent sound insulation between the testing room and the observation room.
Advantages of using projection rather than a one-way mirror for usability testing
- Less intimidating for participants
- The observation room can be kept normally lit (one way mirrors require observers to be in the dark)
- No sound pollution from the observation room to the testing room which may disturb users
- Observers are free to walk around, point and discuss the testing in real time
- Having two separate rooms lets people feel more free and happy to have objective discussions